Jets make Seahawks VP of Football Administration John Idzik their new GM
As the Seahawks' VP of Football Administration, Idzik, who holds a mathematics degree from Dartmouth, oversaw contract negotiations and was considered one of the league's best salary cap experts.
“John is a well-respected, life-long football man who I believe will be a strong addition to the Jets organization,” Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a statement. “While he will be missed by the Seahawks organization, we wish him and his family all the best with this great opportunity.”
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, former Broncos GM Brian Xanders could replace Idzik in Seattle's front office.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett on his new deal with the Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.