Seahawks QB Russell Wilson added to NFC Pro Bowl squad
Wilson was named a third alternate when Pro Bowl rosters were announced last month, but will play in the game because all three NFC quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers, Robert Griffin III and Ryan) will miss the game because of injuries. Drew Brees and Eli Manning already had been added to the NFC squad as injury replacements.
Wilson, who tied Peyton Manning's rookie record with 26 touchdown passes, will be the sixth Seahawk on the Pro Bowl roster, joining center Max Unger and left tackle Russell Okung, who were both named to the team as starters, as well as running back Marshawn Lynch, safety Earl Thomas and kick returner Leon Washington.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
- Brandon Browner announces he has been reinstated by the NFL March 4
- Seahawks reportedly place second-round tender on S Jeron Johnson March 4
- Two Seahawks weigh in on N-word debate March 4
- Pete Carroll leaves the door open to possible Red Bryant, Sidney Rice returns March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.