Seahawks QB Russell Wilson added to NFC Pro Bowl squad
Wilson was named a third alternate when Pro Bowl rosters were announced last month, but will play in the game because all three NFC quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers, Robert Griffin III and Ryan) will miss the game because of injuries. Drew Brees and Eli Manning already had been added to the NFC squad as injury replacements.
Wilson, who tied Peyton Manning's rookie record with 26 touchdown passes, will be the sixth Seahawk on the Pro Bowl roster, joining center Max Unger and left tackle Russell Okung, who were both named to the team as starters, as well as running back Marshawn Lynch, safety Earl Thomas and kick returner Leon Washington.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks, Pete Carroll fined for violating offseason no-contact rules Aug. 26
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman on rules: 'We didn't adjust anything' Aug. 26
- Seahawks trim roster to 75 Aug. 26
- Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner on his first day back Aug. 25
- Monday Seahawks notes: Wagner returns to action, Farwell likely needs surgery Aug. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.