Sounders loan of Fredy Montero to Colombian club now official
The loan is for the full 2013 season, and Seattle announced that Montero had been signed to a multi-year contract extension prior to the loan. The terms of the load were not announced, but according to multiple reports, Sounders FC will receive $4.5 million.
The move frees up a designated player spot for the Sounders, and based on comments made by general manager Adrian Hanauer, they'll fill that third DP spot at some point.
Montero is the franchise' leading goal scorer with 47 in MLS play and 60 in all competitions.
"Fredy has been a fantastic player and pro for Sounders FC over our first four years," said Hanauer said in a statement. "We wish Fredy the best of success with Millonarios as he continues to develop as a player. We hope this move helps Fredy's chances of being called up to the Colombian National Team, as he has certainly earned it."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett on his new deal with the Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.