Vote for Girls Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 14-19
Here's a look at the nominees:
• Meadowdale's Mackenzie Bretz scored 20 points in a win over Mountlake Terrace and has nine points in a loss to Stanwood as Meadowdale remained in third place in the Wesco 3A South standings.
• Lakewood's Reille Jones hit the go-ahead free throw with 1.8 seconds remaining to give the Cougars a win over Coupeville. She also scored a team-high 11 points in a win over Granite Falls as Lakewood went 2-0 last week.
• Snohomish's Ellie Otteson scored 14 points in a win over Cascade and had six in a win over Mount Vernon as the Panthers went 2-0 last week despite the absence of junior forward Callie Harwood.
• Lynnwood's Mikayla Pivec scored seven points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had eight blocked shots as the Royals beat Arlington in a matchup of Wesco's best. Pivec also had six points in a win over Kamiak.
• Archbishop Murphy's Madison Pollock scored a game-high 22 points in a win over King's and had eight points in a win over Granite Falls as the Wildcats remained in first place in the Cascade Conference.
• Shorewood's Masha Shtikel scored a game-high 27 points in a win over Marysville Pilchuck and had 20 in a win over rival Shorecrest as the Thunderbirds remained in first place in the 3A South.
• Darrington's Jordyn Stafford scored 12 and eight points in wins over Shoreline Christian and La Conner, respectively, as the Loggers remained unbeaten in NW 1A/2B/1B play.
• Stanwood's Rachel Swartz scored 10 points, had four assists and four steals in a win over Meadowdale and also had 14 and 10 points in wins over Oak Harbor and Arlington, respectively, as the Spartans went 3-0 and locked up a 3A North title.
- Prep Zone: Vote for Boys Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 14-19 1/21/13
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.