Semi truck loses tire on I-5 near Marysville
The truck apparently blew a tire about 4 p.m. along the highway, just north of the 116th Street NE exit, said trooper Keith Leary with the Washington State Patrol.
The truck left the roadway and hit a tree, he said. No one was hurt. No other vehicles were involved.
The driver, 35, of Seattle, was hauling 40,000 pounds of frozen seafood from a cold storage unit in Bellingham, Leary said. He was headed to the Port of Seattle.
Another truck was called in to transport the crashed truck's trailer. The contents inside were not affected, Leary said.
No lanes were blocked, but the truck poses a visual hazard and could impact traffic. There are no plans to cite the driver.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.