Seahawks hire Matt Thomas to replace John Idzik
Like Idzik, Thomas' focus will be on the salary cap and contract negotiations, which was also his area of expertise over the last three years in Cleveland.
"Matt is a well-respected salary cap expert and was recommended by many top-ranking NFL executives," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a release. "I am excited to welcome him to our football family."
Thomas, who has a law degree from NYU, began his career with the Miami Dolphins in 1998 and spent 12 seasons with the club, spending 2009 as vice president/general counsel & football administration. He then spent three years as the Browns' Senior VP of Football Administration.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: "it's on us to see it." Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits "it's going to be a big challenge" sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.