According to Everett girls coach John Lowe, five varsity players from his team were suspended. He also stated that they will play in Wednesday's game against Marysville Pilchuck. In their absence, the Seagulls (5-6 3A North, 9-9 overall) went 2-5, but they won their past two games to secure a district berth. The Everett girls face Stanwood without the suspended players Monday night.
The school also confirmed that four varsity players on the boys team will be reinstated in time to play in Thursday's game against Marysville Pilchuck. The Seagulls (2-9, 5-13) went 1-6 since the suspensions and are battling Shorecrest for the final 3A District 1 tournament berth.
Earlier this month "approximately a dozen" boys and girls basketball players were suspended after the winter break for breaking the school's code of conduct.
Because of student privacy the school did not name the players or release the exact number of players suspended.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
- Haner leaves Jackson for Shorewood June 17
- Lynnwood girls win 4th straight Edmonds Summer Shootout title June 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.