Vote for Girls Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 21-27
• Meadowdale's Mackenzie Bretz scored 13 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as the Lady Mavs beat Shorewood to remain in the running for a Wesco 3A South title. Bretz also scored six points in a loss to Glacier Peak.
• Lynnwood's Jordyn Edwards scored 16 points, had four steals and five assists in a win over Edmonds-Woodway and added eight points in a win over Jackson as the Royals secured a 4A South title.
• Stanwood's Jillian Jacobs scored 14 points in a win over Marysville Getchell and had nine points in a win over Marysville Pilchuck as the Spartans remained unbeaten in Wesco play.
• Tulalip Heritage's Adiya Jones-Smith scored 25 points in a win over Grace Academy as the Hawks remained undefeated in league play.
• Shorecrest's Bella Kemp scored 15 points, 13 of them coming in the second half, in an upset victory over Glacier Peak and had 11 in a win over Oak Harbor as the Scots wrapped up a district berth.
• Cedarcrest's Susan Kenney scored 19 points, including the game-winning shot with three seconds remaining, as the Red Wolves beat first-place Archbishop Murphy 51-50. Kenney also had 12 points in a win over Granite Falls.
• Lake Stevens' Brittney Pahukoa scored 14 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had four steals in a win over first-place Arlington. She also scored six points in a win over Snohomish as the Vikings wrapped up a district berth.
• Everett's Darian Rielly scored 25 points, including six 3-pointers, in a win over Oak Harbor and had 18 points in a win over Marysville Getchell as the Seagulls wrapped up a district berth.
• Mountlake Terrace's Samantha Romanowski scored 23 points as the Hawks upset first-place Shorewood and 21 in a win over Marysville Pilchuck.
• Cascade's Kennadi Smith scored 22 points in a win over Kamiak as the Bruins kept their slim playoff hopes alive.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Darrington players make all-league football team Nov. 25
- Live! State quarterfinals Nov. 23
- Vote for best enforcer Nov. 23
- New classifications could switch around four Wesco schools Nov. 22
- Vote for best playmaker Nov. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.