Vote for Boys Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 21-27
• Lakewood's Ryan Alford scored 18 points in an upset victory over King's and had 15 in a win over South Whidbey as the Cougars went 2-0 last week.
• Edmonds-Woodway's Travis Bakken scored 18 points and had 16 rebounds in a win over Lynnwood and had 16 points in a win over Mariner as the Warriors remained in a tie with Kamiak for second place in the Wesco 4A South.
• Monroe's Brandon Gundersen scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in a win over Snohomish that kept the Bearcats' playoff hopes alive. Gundersen also had 13 points in a loss to Mount Vernon earlier in the week.
• Mountlake Terrace's Loren Lacasse scored 20 points and had nine rebounds in a win over Marysville Pilchuck and added a team-high 12 points in a key win over Shorewood as the Hawks took over first place in the Wesco 3A South.
• Cedarcrest's Zach Taylor scored 20 points, nine coming in the fourth quarter, as the Red Wolves beat Archbishop Murphy and had 11 in a win over Granite Falls to remain in first place in the Cascade Conference.
• Kamiak's Imaan Vicente scored 32 points in a win over rival Mariner and had 26 in a win over Cascade as the Knights remained tied with E-W for second place in the Wesco 4A South.
• Oak Harbor's Drew Washington hit five 3-pointers and scored a game-high 26 points in a win over Everett and had 10 in a win over Shorecrest as the Wildcats secured a district playoff berth.
• Jackson's Brian Zehr scored 20 points in a win over Cascade, 17 in a win over Bellevue and had 15 in a win over Lynnwood as the Timberwolves remained undefeated on the season.
• Stanwood's Ian Zipp scored 20 points off the bench to lead the Spartans over Marysville Getchell.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.