Vote for Boys Basketball Player of the Week | Jan. 21-27
• Lakewood's Ryan Alford scored 18 points in an upset victory over King's and had 15 in a win over South Whidbey as the Cougars went 2-0 last week.
• Edmonds-Woodway's Travis Bakken scored 18 points and had 16 rebounds in a win over Lynnwood and had 16 points in a win over Mariner as the Warriors remained in a tie with Kamiak for second place in the Wesco 4A South.
• Monroe's Brandon Gundersen scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in a win over Snohomish that kept the Bearcats' playoff hopes alive. Gundersen also had 13 points in a loss to Mount Vernon earlier in the week.
• Mountlake Terrace's Loren Lacasse scored 20 points and had nine rebounds in a win over Marysville Pilchuck and added a team-high 12 points in a key win over Shorewood as the Hawks took over first place in the Wesco 3A South.
• Cedarcrest's Zach Taylor scored 20 points, nine coming in the fourth quarter, as the Red Wolves beat Archbishop Murphy and had 11 in a win over Granite Falls to remain in first place in the Cascade Conference.
• Kamiak's Imaan Vicente scored 32 points in a win over rival Mariner and had 26 in a win over Cascade as the Knights remained tied with E-W for second place in the Wesco 4A South.
• Oak Harbor's Drew Washington hit five 3-pointers and scored a game-high 26 points in a win over Everett and had 10 in a win over Shorecrest as the Wildcats secured a district playoff berth.
• Jackson's Brian Zehr scored 20 points in a win over Cascade, 17 in a win over Bellevue and had 15 in a win over Lynnwood as the Timberwolves remained undefeated on the season.
• Stanwood's Ian Zipp scored 20 points off the bench to lead the Spartans over Marysville Getchell.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- MP's Kleiner commits to Trinity Lutheran March 25
- Jackson vs. Bellevue baseball at UW among Wednesday's rain outs March 25
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Lynnwood baseball March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.