Johnson and Evans starting for US National team, and other Sounders notes
In other Sounders news from Tuesday, head coach Sigi Schmid said an MRI on Patrick Ianni's foot revealed a "slight fracture" on the defender's foot, which will keep him sidelined four to six weeks. If Ianni can't make it back in time for the March 2 season opener, Zach Scott is the most likely replacement at center back.
Following Tuesday's practice, the Sounders flew to Arizona where they'll spend a week training in Casa Grande.
"It’s a little bit of team building, team bonding," Schmid said. "We spend some time with each other, they spend some time with each other. . . They get together, they talk a little bit, so it’s a good thing for us to get together. We get to know them better, we have more time to call them and have talks with them, where when it’s here they’re going home in between (training sessions). They’re sort of a captive audience there, they’ve got no place to go."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Jesse Williams injured and other Seahawks training camp notes July 30
- Pete Carroll on Marshawn Lynch's continued absence, and other training camp notes July 29
- Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy suffers another apparent Achilles injury July 29
- Seahawks sign veteran tackle Eric Winston, WR Randall Carroll July 29
- Seahawks agree to deal with CB Terrell Thomas July 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.