Another closure planned for Highway 522 on Friday
The highway will be closed from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. Friday for previously unscheduled rock blasting related to a $129 million project to widen the highway.
Most closures have occurred on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Friday morning closure will remove rock left over from Thursday's blasting work. Drivers may use Highway 9 to detour around the closure.
More closures for rock blasting are scheduled for 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday through February.
The work is part of a project to widen Highway 522 from Monroe to the Snohomish River, including a new bridge over the river.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.