Signs point to Seattle hosting a June World Cup qualifier
Well according to the reporters who are in Honduras for today's World Cup qualifier, U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati hinted pretty strongly that Seattle will get a game, most likely the June 18 match against Honduras.
Based on Gulati's comment, seems Seattle will indeed host a qualifier in 2013, most likely vs. Honduras June 18. #usmnt
— Doug McIntyre (@DougMacESPN) February 6, 2013
Based on Gulati press event, seems likely that soccer-mad Seattle will finally host a US World Cup qualifier this year.
— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) February 6, 2013
Sounds like Seattle fans just might get their wish of having a World Cup qualifier at CenturyLink Field. June 18 vs. Honduras a good bet.
— Ives Galarcep (@SoccerByIves) February 6, 2013
Gulati coy about Seattle as a WCQ venue. Sly smile. Seems as if it will happen. We'll know soon
— Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider) February 6, 2013
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.