Signs point to Seattle hosting a June World Cup qualifier
Well according to the reporters who are in Honduras for today's World Cup qualifier, U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati hinted pretty strongly that Seattle will get a game, most likely the June 18 match against Honduras.
Based on Gulati's comment, seems Seattle will indeed host a qualifier in 2013, most likely vs. Honduras June 18. #usmnt
— Doug McIntyre (@DougMacESPN) February 6, 2013
Based on Gulati press event, seems likely that soccer-mad Seattle will finally host a US World Cup qualifier this year.
— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) February 6, 2013
Sounds like Seattle fans just might get their wish of having a World Cup qualifier at CenturyLink Field. June 18 vs. Honduras a good bet.
— Ives Galarcep (@SoccerByIves) February 6, 2013
Gulati coy about Seattle as a WCQ venue. Sly smile. Seems as if it will happen. We'll know soon
— Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider) February 6, 2013
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
- Brandon Browner announces he has been reinstated by the NFL March 4
- Seahawks reportedly place second-round tender on S Jeron Johnson March 4
- Two Seahawks weigh in on N-word debate March 4
- Pete Carroll leaves the door open to possible Red Bryant, Sidney Rice returns March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.