Lake Stevens man cited for shooting neighbor's couch
It happened Jan. 30 at an apartment building in the 10200 block of Lundeen Parkway, according to the Lake Stevens police blotters.
A man, 28, was showing another, 21, how to clean and insert a magazine into a firearm, the blotter says. He handed the younger man the loaded magazine, which was inserted into the firearm. There was a round already in the chamber and the gun went off.
The bullet went through the apartment wall into the next unit, where it lodged in the couch.
One person was home next door at the time but was in another room.
The 28 year-old man was cited for reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor.
Three firearms were removed from his home.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.