Vote for Girls Basketball Player of the Week | Feb. 4-9
• Stanwood's Lauren Allison scored 18 points in a win over Meadowdale as the Spartans advanced to the 3A District 1 semifinals. Allison also scored 12 points in a loss to Everett.
• Tulalip Heritage's Katia Brown scored 15 points and hit three free throws late in the game to secure a win over Shoreline Christian and had 13 points and hit more free throws late as the Hawks beat Mount Vernon Christian to win the 1B District 1 championship.
• Arlington's Lindsay Brown scored 11 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a win over Kamiak and had six points in a win over Snohomish as the Eagles advanced to the 4A District 1 championship game.
• Archbishop Murphy's Beth Carlson scored 20 points and had 19 rebounds as the Wildcats beat Lynden in a 2A District 1/2 first-round game.
• Glacier Peak's Sadie Mensing scored 13 points in a win over Marysville Pilchuck and had four points, five rebounds and three steals in the Grizzlies' win over Ferndale to advance to the 3A District 1 championship game.
• Lake Stevens' Brooke Pahukoa scored 24 points in a win over Edmonds-Woodway as the Vikings advanced to the 4A District 1 semifinals.
• King's Anna Parker scored seven points and hit the game-winning shot as the Knights beat Blaine and had 15 points in a win over Friday Harbor as King's advanced to the 1A District 1 championship game.
• Lynnwood's Mikayla Pivec scored 18 points and had 10 rebounds as the Royals beat Lake Stevens to advance to the 4A District 1 championship game. Pivec also had six points in a first-round win over Monroe.
• Everett's Sidney Rielly scored 26 points in a win over Shorewood and had 25 in a victory over Stanwood as the Seagulls advanced to the 3A District 1 championship game.
• Snohomish freshman Madeline Smith scored nine points, grabbed 13 rebounds and had four blocked shots as the Panthers beat Jackson in a 4A District 1 first-round game.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.