The crash happened about 3:45 p.m., said trooper Mark Francis with the Washington State Patrol.
A Snohomish woman, 23, was driving a Saab station wagon. She was attempting a lane change and somehow lost control, Francis said. The car struck a barrier and then spun around, facing the wrong direction.
The Sultan man was in the front seat. He was taken to a local hospital with a possible concussion and other injuries. He is expected to survive.
The driver was uninjured, as was a toddler who was riding in the backseat. The toddler was in a booster seat, Francis said.
Troopers are investigating.
Traffic was jammed for about an hour.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Social media iPhone prank ties up local 911 call centers July 2
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.