TV station warns of Montana zombie attacks
KRTV says on its website the hackers broadcast that "dead bodies are rising from their graves" in several Montana counties.
The alert claimed the bodies were "attacking the living" and warned people not to "approach or apprehend these bodies as they are extremely dangerous."
The network says there is no emergency and its engineers are investigating.
A call to KRTV was referred to a Montana Television Network executive in Bozeman. Jon Saunders didn't immediately return a call for comment.
The Great Falls Tribune reports the hoax alert generated at least four calls to police to see if it was true.
- Add-on lets semi-auto fire like a machine gun 2/8/13
- Off the Wire: Vampire on the loose in Serbia? 12/1/12
- These days, zombies are everywhere you turn 10/18/12
- 10 best zombie movies of the 21st century 10/17/12
- 'Walking Dead' is back, now with more zombies 10/17/12
- State's first 'zombie bees' reported 9/24/12
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Amateur rocketeers cheer as porta-potty takes to sky Dec. 7
- Baby weighing nearly 14 pounds born in Colorado Dec. 5
- Explosive episode: WWII grenade was embedded in Austria firewood Dec. 1
- MIT engineers have high hopes for cheetah robot Nov. 30
- Snow bird? Lost hummer gets lift from Minnesota to Texas Nov. 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.