Vandals hit Sultan Post Office
Employees called 911 about 8 a.m. Thursday to report the burglary, Sultan Police Chief Jeff Brand said.
Investigators believe that someone broke in through an employee area in the back between 6 p.m. Wednesday and this morning, he said.
Several items were thrown around and damaged, Brand said. Some packages also were opened.
"Because of the disarray, it is difficult to inventory the losses right now," he said.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Postal Service also are investigating.
Anyone with information should call 425-388-6260. Tipsters can be anonymous.
View Sultan Post Office in a larger map
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.