Mariners trade Carp to Boston
Carp, 26, came to Seattle in a trade after the 2008 season, and over the last four seasons he hit .255 with 18 home runs and 28 doubles in 545 at bats. Carp was going to have a hard time finding a role in Seattle this season, as the Mariners have a glut of first-base/corner-outfield/DH types.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks to honor Marysville Pilchuck High School during Sunday's game Oct. 31
- Kam Chancellor, Russell Okung and Max Unger all game-day decisions for Seahawks Oct. 31
- Seahawks-Raiders Thursday injury report Oct. 30
- Did you hear the one about Russell Wilson and World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner being roommates? Oct. 30
- A few thoughts on former Sounder Steve Zakuani retiring far too soon Oct. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.