Mariners trade Carp to Boston
Carp, 26, came to Seattle in a trade after the 2008 season, and over the last four seasons he hit .255 with 18 home runs and 28 doubles in 545 at bats. Carp was going to have a hard time finding a role in Seattle this season, as the Mariners have a glut of first-base/corner-outfield/DH types.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Dempsey on Letterman, Sherman in the top 10, Seahawks set for the future and other Thursday links July 10
- Seahawks season tickets sold out. So is the waiting list July 9
- Russell Wilson on race and a few other Wednesday links July 9
- Naked Marshawn Lynch hits the newsstand and other Seahawks links July 8
- Kyle Seager calls All-Star selection a “dream come true” July 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.