G-Symbols helped identify Navy carrier planes
Aircraft from the Randolph received white tails and ailerons. The Insignia White field on the tail was broken by a trio of 7-inch blue horizontal lines. The FHC’s Hellcat now wears this distinctive “G-Symbol” pattern.
Most recent Flight Paths posts
- Tough planes were designed to take a beating May 13
- Pilots use a clever trick to keep damaged planes in the air April 30
- 'Kommandogerät:' the complicated box that was revolutionary for flying April 23
- Three inches of glass separated WWII pilots and machine gun fire April 16
- Propellers make an overseas voyage for regular inspection April 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.