- BIKES rides: Various starting locations; Membership and ride info at www.bikesclub.org.
- Everett Mountaineers: Meetings at 7 p.m. first Wednesday of the month, Snohomish County East Administration Building, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett. www.everettmountaineers.org.
- North Sound Sea Kayaking Association: Club details at www.nsseakayaker.homestead.com; 360-652-5510. Trip details at 360-691-9436. Free meetings, 7 p.m. first Thursdays October through May, Legion Park, 145 Alverson Blvd., Everett, unless otherwise noted.
- Over-the-Hill-Hikers: Various times on Thursdays, Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave.; www.scscedmonds.org. Most trips cost $13 for senior center members and $16 for nonmembers. Call Larry Weimer, 425-513-9374, before signing up for the trip. For all hikes meet and park at United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers St., Edmonds. Each hike is limited to 10 people.
- Pilchuck Audubon Society: Tuesday birding trips, some weekends. More information at www.pilchuckaudubon.org.
- REI Alderwood: Classes include rock climbing for kids and adults, snowshoeing, skiing, snowboarding, avalanche and survival, bicycle maintenance and photography. Information at www.rei.com/stores/35; at Alderwood Mall, 3000 184th St SW, Lynnwood; 425-640-6200.
- Sierra Club, Snohomish Group: Event locations vary; 425-737-0350; www.cascade.sierraclub.org/directory/groups/snohomish.
- Sound Steppers Volkssport Club: 425-397-7301; www.soundsteppers.org. Meets 6:15 p.m. second Thursdays, Crossroad Church, 18527 60th Ave. W., Lynnwood. See www.meetup.com/walkers-574 for details and a future walk schedule.
To submit an item for the Outdoors calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Life Headlines
How to ensure sensitivity doesn’t control your life ‘Potter’ returning, this time on stage What you need to know to climb Mount St. Helens Kidproof can be beautiful Perfect for the family golfer When it comes to organization, if in doubt, throw it out Focus and write with JotterPad app After dark is best time to enjoy the pulse of Rome
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.