It's not looking as likely today.
Obama named a new Secretary of Energy and chief of the Environmental Protection Agency today and Gregoire didn't get either job though she was rumored to be under consideration for both.
Obama still needs to fill a few high-level positions including Secretary of Commerce, which another ex-Washington governor, Gary Locke, held for a time. The president is also in need of a Secretary of Transportation, Secretary of Labor and trade representative.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- New budget has gimmicks, taxes and lots of spending June 30
- Nearly $700 million for Snohomish County projects in roads package June 29
- Inslee concession clears way for $15B transportation package June 28
- Lawmakers, Inslee reach budget deal to avert shutdown June 27
- Inslee, GOP senators swap demands on fuel standard June 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.