The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Friday, March 8, 2013, 3:36 p.m.

New carbon monoxide detector alerts Kent family

KENT -- The Kent Fire Department said a carbon monoxide detector that was installed in an apartment because of a new law went off early Thursday awakening a family.
They evacuated and called 911.
Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide caused when the family closed a fireplace flue because they mistakenly thought a fire was completely out.
The fumes were vented and none of the five people in the apartment at Lake Fenwick Estate suffered any ill effects.

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.