Celebrate State Parks' 100th birthday with free events
In honor of the birthday, all state parks will have free entry March 30.
State parks in our area include Wallace Falls and Mount Pilchuck state parks in Snohomish County.
In Island County, there are a few more: Deception Pass, one of the state's most visited; Camano Island, Cama Beach, South Whidbey, Joseph Whidbey, Fort Ebey and Fort Casey state parks.
In addition to the free day, Cama Beach and Camano Island state parks have events planned, including live music, cultural and educational events. Activities are planned at Camano Island, but the main activities are at Cama Beach.
You can walk from one to the other and a shuttle will be available to transport visitors back to Camano Island park from Cama Beach.
The planned events include:
- 10 a.m. to noon: Kite building at the Camano Island State Park kitchen shelter
- Noon: Hike from Camano Island State Park to the Cama Center at Cama Beach State Park
(Events below all at Cama Beach)
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., toy boat building
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., marine tank display viewings
- Noon to 4 p.m., craft projects
- 1:30 p.m., cake cutting
- 2 to 3 p.m., beach walks (2 to 3 p.m.),
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., boathouse tours
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.