Seahawks awarded two compensatory draft picks
The Seahawks added defensive lineman Jason Jones and quarterback Matt Flynn in free agency last year and lost linebacker David Hawthorne, quarterback Charlie Whitehurst, safety Atari Bigby and tight end John Carlson.
The addition of those picks gives Seattle, which traded away its first-round pick and a seventh-rounder to acquire Percy Harvin from the Vikings, 10 picks in next month's draft. Seattle has one pick in rounds No. 2, 3, 4, two fifth-rounders, one sixth-rounder, and with the addition of compensatory picks, four seventh-rounders.
By league rules, compensatory picks cannot be traded.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
- Clint Dempsey back with Sounders; available for Saturday’s opener March 7
- Seahawks re-sign Jeanpierre and Johnson March 7
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett will test free agency March 6
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.