Seahawks awarded two compensatory draft picks
The Seahawks added defensive lineman Jason Jones and quarterback Matt Flynn in free agency last year and lost linebacker David Hawthorne, quarterback Charlie Whitehurst, safety Atari Bigby and tight end John Carlson.
The addition of those picks gives Seattle, which traded away its first-round pick and a seventh-rounder to acquire Percy Harvin from the Vikings, 10 picks in next month's draft. Seattle has one pick in rounds No. 2, 3, 4, two fifth-rounders, one sixth-rounder, and with the addition of compensatory picks, four seventh-rounders.
By league rules, compensatory picks cannot be traded.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Did you hear the one about Russell Wilson and World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner being roommates? Oct. 30
- A few thoughts on former Sounder Steve Zakuani retiring far too soon Oct. 29
- Seahawks-Raiders Wednesday injury report Oct. 29
- Undrafted rookie Brock Coyle likely to start for Seahawks at middle linebacker Oct. 29
- Seahawks sign FB Will Tukuafu and LB L.J. Fort, plus a few injury updates Oct. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.