Seahawks awarded two compensatory draft picks
The Seahawks added defensive lineman Jason Jones and quarterback Matt Flynn in free agency last year and lost linebacker David Hawthorne, quarterback Charlie Whitehurst, safety Atari Bigby and tight end John Carlson.
The addition of those picks gives Seattle, which traded away its first-round pick and a seventh-rounder to acquire Percy Harvin from the Vikings, 10 picks in next month's draft. Seattle has one pick in rounds No. 2, 3, 4, two fifth-rounders, one sixth-rounder, and with the addition of compensatory picks, four seventh-rounders.
By league rules, compensatory picks cannot be traded.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks-Cardinals Thursday injury report includes some new names Dec. 19
- Richard Sherman on DPOY race, "idiot" draft analysts, Larry Fitzgerald and more Dec. 19
- When rivalry one-upmanship becomes a very good thing; plus Thursday links Dec. 19
- Seahawks-Cardinals Thursday injury report Dec. 18
- Seahawks' Browner suspended indefinitely by NFL Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.