Seahawks awarded two compensatory draft picks
The Seahawks added defensive lineman Jason Jones and quarterback Matt Flynn in free agency last year and lost linebacker David Hawthorne, quarterback Charlie Whitehurst, safety Atari Bigby and tight end John Carlson.
The addition of those picks gives Seattle, which traded away its first-round pick and a seventh-rounder to acquire Percy Harvin from the Vikings, 10 picks in next month's draft. Seattle has one pick in rounds No. 2, 3, 4, two fifth-rounders, one sixth-rounder, and with the addition of compensatory picks, four seventh-rounders.
By league rules, compensatory picks cannot be traded.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.