Three Sounders called in for national team duties
Johnson will be with the U.S. National team for Friday's game in Denver against Costa Rica, and a March 26 game against Mexico in Mexico City's famed Estadio Azteca. Johnson, 28, has been a regular on Jurgen Klinsmann's teams since being called in for World Cup qualifying last fall. Prior to reviving his career with the Sounders, Johnson had not been called up by the U.S. team since 2010.
Martinez, who has been a standout for Honduras on the international stage, will represent his country in games against Mexico and Panama.
Martins, Seattle's newest designated player signing who made his Sounders debut off the bench in Saturday's 1-1 tie with Portland, will join Nigeria for a game against Kenya on Saturday.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks-Panthers Wednesday injury report Oct. 22
- Wednesday Seahawks injury update from Pete Carroll Oct. 22
- Doug Baldwin on the state of the Seahawks after trade, losses Oct. 22
- Seahawks add TE Brett Brackett, waive TE RaShaun Allen Oct. 21
- Carroll talks Harvin, Rams' special teams trickery; your Tuesday Seahawks links Oct. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.