Three Sounders called in for national team duties
Johnson will be with the U.S. National team for Friday's game in Denver against Costa Rica, and a March 26 game against Mexico in Mexico City's famed Estadio Azteca. Johnson, 28, has been a regular on Jurgen Klinsmann's teams since being called in for World Cup qualifying last fall. Prior to reviving his career with the Sounders, Johnson had not been called up by the U.S. team since 2010.
Martinez, who has been a standout for Honduras on the international stage, will represent his country in games against Mexico and Panama.
Martins, Seattle's newest designated player signing who made his Sounders debut off the bench in Saturday's 1-1 tie with Portland, will join Nigeria for a game against Kenya on Saturday.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
- Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski playing 'Mortal Kombat' is comedy gold Jan. 30
- Seahawks Thursday practice report Jan. 29
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.