Snohomish River bridge to close Thursday night
Crews plan to close all southbound lanes near the Snohomish River Bridge at 8 p.m. Thursday and reopen the highway at 4 a.m. Friday.
Drivers headed to Everett will be detoured to I-5. Drivers hoping to reach Smith and Spencer islands will be able to do so via 34th Avenue NE, which parallels Highway 529 across the flats. The closure applies to southbound traffic only.
Crews plan to take measurements on the 59-year-old drawbridge on the southbound side in preparation for repairs scheduled to begin later this spring. The work will involve replacing large pieces of machinery that raise and lower the bridge drawspan.
For more information, visit the project website.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.