Snohomish River bridge to close Thursday night
Crews plan to close all southbound lanes near the Snohomish River Bridge at 8 p.m. Thursday and reopen the highway at 4 a.m. Friday.
Drivers headed to Everett will be detoured to I-5. Drivers hoping to reach Smith and Spencer islands will be able to do so via 34th Avenue NE, which parallels Highway 529 across the flats. The closure applies to southbound traffic only.
Crews plan to take measurements on the 59-year-old drawbridge on the southbound side in preparation for repairs scheduled to begin later this spring. The work will involve replacing large pieces of machinery that raise and lower the bridge drawspan.
For more information, visit the project website.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- More about signaling at roundabouts Nov. 25
- Best times to hit the road for Thanksgiving travel (hint: there aren’t many) Nov. 24
- 25 years later, Street Smarts is still on the road Nov. 24
- Heading to Portland for T-day? Train costs, but might beat driving Nov. 21
- Flying tips, tricks for Thanksgiving travel Nov. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.