Bacon-wrapped jalapenos with cream cheese
Solution? Use this game-day inspired recipe to tide you over. It's quick, it's simple and it's just the right amount of spicy.
10 large jalapeno peppers
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
10 strips thick-cut bacon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut washed peppers in half, remove seed and stem. Spoon a generous amount of cream cheese in each pepper, around 2 or 3 tablespoons, depending on its size. Press halves together, wrap with a full piece of bacon and insert a toothpick to secure. Line a baking sheet with foil and bake until crisp, about 25 to 30 minutes.
You can use a mesh oven tray or broiler pan to cut down on the grease, but you'll sacrifice some flavor.
Quick tip: Modify this recipe to a more mild heat by leaving the peppers in half when you wrap them. Best part? It will give you an excuse to add more bacon. You can also mix shredded Colby into the cream cheese for a less-threatening flavor.
Most recent The Dish posts
- Surprise ingredient makes these biscuits great April 7
- Five organic fruits and vegetables that might really be worth the price April 1
- Get cracking: Easter tradition full of memories April 1
- Biscotti cookbook a mix of classic, creative April 1
- The most popular breakfast cereals in America today March 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.