Video: Gray whales feed near Mission Beach
Tom Hoban of Everett was kayaking near his beach house on Mission Beach with a neighbor recently. They got a treat when a pair of gray whales swam under them, and then began feeding nearby. He was lucky enough to get this great video of the whales.
Whales are active in our area right now. If you'd like to read more about them, or find out how to take a chartered trip, read our story here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Everett hiker hopes his journey encourages more to visit fire lookouts Sep. 28
- Jennifer Pharr Davis, adventurer and author, to speak at local libraries Sep. 26
- Should fishers be reintroduced to the Cascades? Sep. 24
- Celebrate salmon this weekend in Sultan Sep. 22
- Teton Crest Trail is a classic backpack showcasing the mountains' best Sep. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.