Video: Gray whales feed near Mission Beach
Tom Hoban of Everett was kayaking near his beach house on Mission Beach with a neighbor recently. They got a treat when a pair of gray whales swam under them, and then began feeding nearby. He was lucky enough to get this great video of the whales.
Whales are active in our area right now. If you'd like to read more about them, or find out how to take a chartered trip, read our story here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Little wonders of the forest stand out in the rain April 15
- The story behind gorgeous photo of poodles in the forest April 14
- We've lost our view but gained avian entertainment April 11
- Video of elk -- with one confused straggler -- goes viral April 10
- Outdoor events: Trout, birds, films, Earth Day and more April 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.