Video: Gray whales feed near Mission Beach
Tom Hoban of Everett was kayaking near his beach house on Mission Beach with a neighbor recently. They got a treat when a pair of gray whales swam under them, and then began feeding nearby. He was lucky enough to get this great video of the whales.
Whales are active in our area right now. If you'd like to read more about them, or find out how to take a chartered trip, read our story here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
- Video: 'We're throwing a bomb out of a moving helicopter' Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.