Video: Gray whales feed near Mission Beach
Tom Hoban of Everett was kayaking near his beach house on Mission Beach with a neighbor recently. They got a treat when a pair of gray whales swam under them, and then began feeding nearby. He was lucky enough to get this great video of the whales.
Whales are active in our area right now. If you'd like to read more about them, or find out how to take a chartered trip, read our story here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Is that Bigfoot stalking bison at Yellowstone? Feb. 10
- Eagle once caught on Whidbey Navy base spotted in Vancouver, B.C. Feb. 6
- Fly-fishing show in Lynnwood on Feb. 14-15 Feb. 6
- The sound a wolverine makes will chill your blood Feb. 5
- Protection for remote Illabot Creek will pay dividends downstream Feb. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.