A woman's body was found after she fell four stories from a window, Lynnwood police spokeswoman Shannon Sessions said. The woman was 43, from Brier. Her name was not released.
The woman had "significant signs of trauma," but there were no obvious injuries other than from the fall, Sessions said.
"The nature of why or how she went out the window is still under investigation," Sessions said.
The body was found by another guest at the hotel who had gone out for a jog. The death initially was reported as a shooting, but police did not find any evidence indicating shots were fired.
A search warrant was served at the woman's hotel room. The body was transferred to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office.
This post has been updated from an earlier version. No additional details are expected to be released Thursday.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
- Marysville man, 78, killed in Arlington crash June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.