Fat-free and fresh: Raspberry vinaigrette
Now that the world is brighter I am ready to lighten and brighten the menu. The first of these fresh flavors is this gorgeous salad dressing. Raspberries will not be in season for a few months but thanks to the freezer I was able to utilize some of last year's harvest to make this rosy condiment. It is fruity and tangy and soooo good. To make the salad featured with the dressing: Make a bed of prepackaged Spring Mix (or any leafy greens) top with a modest amount of thinly sliced shallots, a sprinkle of toasted sliced almonds, and sliced strawberries. Ready or not - salad is about to become your favorite part of the meal!
Fat Free Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette
This bright and tangy dressing is the perfect finishing touch for Spring and Summer salads.
Prep time: 5 minutes, Cook time: N/A; Yield 1 - 1/4 cups dressing, 2 tablespoons per serving
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup apples cider vinegar
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Purée the ingredients in a blender or by using an emersion blender.
Note: If using frozen raspberries thaw them completely before preparing the dressing.
Approximate nutrition information per serving: calories 15, fat .1 grams, carbohydrates 3.5 grams, fiber .8 grams, protein .1 grams, PP = 0
Most recent Light for Life posts
- Pigs in a blanket are the ultimate Super Bowl snack Jan. 30
- Shhh! It's the secret to losing weight Jan. 21
- Cooks of any skill level can tackle this chipotle bean soup recipe Jan. 15
- Hard days count the most in the long run Jan. 8
- Forget what you think you know about tofu, this recipe's a winner Dec. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.