Seahawks make McDaniel signing official; re-sign DT McDonald
McDaniel is Seattle's third free agent signing, and also the third addition on the defensive line joining Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. The Seahawks also announced that restricted free agent defensive tackle Clinton McDonald signed his tender to stay in Seattle.
McDaniel, who signed with Jacksonville as an undrafted rookie in 2006, spent the last four seasons in Miami where he was a rotational player on the Dolphins line, but not a starter. He battled through a knee injury last season, but had 2.5 sacks in each of the previous two seasons and had a career-high 30 tackles in 2010.
McDonald, who came to Seattle in a 2011 trade with Cincinnati, has played in 29 games over the past two seasons and totaled 60 tackles. Those two could compete for a starting job with two-year starter Alan Branch leaving in free agency, though Seattle could also look to second-year tackle Jaye Howard, or address that position in the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks-Patriots Wednesday injury report Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB Richard Sherman goes after Roger Goodell... again Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB and free-agent-to-be Byron Maxwell on being "the prettiest girl at the dance right now" Jan. 28
- Quotes from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll's Wednesday press conference. Jan. 28
- What Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch said Wednesday Jan. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.