The U.S. Coast Guard was called about 2:30 a.m. The boat was stuck on rocks on the south end of the island.
Crews arrived but were not able to reach the area. Everett police were called about 4:30 a.m., spokesman Aaron Snell said.
The man, 42, and the dog were unhurt. The man told police he started boating about midnight, got stuck and stayed aboard until help arrived.
As of 9:30 a.m., the boat remained stuck, Snell said. It was set to be removed once the tide rises.
View Rescue, 4-5-13 in a larger map
Most recent Sirens posts
- Social media iPhone prank ties up local 911 call centers July 2
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.