Everett man, dog rescued from boat
The U.S. Coast Guard was called about 2:30 a.m. The boat was stuck on rocks on the south end of the island.
Crews arrived but were not able to reach the area. Everett police were called about 4:30 a.m., spokesman Aaron Snell said.
The man, 42, and the dog were unhurt. The man told police he started boating about midnight, got stuck and stayed aboard until help arrived.
As of 9:30 a.m., the boat remained stuck, Snell said. It was set to be removed once the tide rises.
View Rescue, 4-5-13 in a larger map
Most recent Sirens posts
- Two Lynnwood boys fired on with pellet gun; 1 injured Oct. 23
- Casino Road fire death not suspicious, police say Oct. 23
- Minor flooding for Stillaguamish possible this week Oct. 21
- Lake Stevens man hit by patrol car remains hospitalized Oct. 21
- Bong used as weapon in robbery, Everett police say Oct. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.