Car chase suspect shot in leg
LYNNWOOD -- A man was shot in the leg after a car chase late Thursday, the Washington State Patrol reports.
Details were sketchy, but the incident began about 11:50 p.m., and involved two troopers. They were chasing the driver of a Mazda who refused to stop along Highway 99 near 196th Street SW in Lynnwood, trooper Keith Leary said.
The car chase ended along 175th Street, and at one point, a trooper's car was rammed by the suspect, Leary said.
Both troopers reportedly shot at the suspect, although details of exactly when that happened weren't immediately available.
The specific reason the troopers shot at the suspect remains under investigation, Leary said.
The man ran a short distance before being captured. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for treatment of a gunshot wound to the leg, Leary said.
The troopers were placed on administrative reassignment, in keeping with State Patrol policy.
No other injuries were reported.
View Shooting, 4-5-13 in a larger map
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.