New app for Washington State Parks
The Pocket Ranger app is free and is available for Apple and Android devices. It includes information on more than 100 state parks, historic sites and campgrounds. The app includes maps, directions and information on amenities. You can search parks by location or activity.
You can save the GPS maps before you head out; cell reception can be spotty in many state parks.
- Educational information, amenities, maps and directions
- Calendar of events
- News, advisories and weather alerts
- Social networking and photo sharing
- GPS mapping features
- Record trail distance and time elapsed on hikes
- Recall, post or share saved data
- Friend finder
- Built-in compass
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Help us pick the best winter photos March 13
- Local climber invites others to join trek to Kilimanjaro for charity March 13
- State will begin clearing Highway 20 on March 31 March 12
- Video: Exploring Jetty Island and ship graveyard on standup paddleboard March 12
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.