The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.

Published: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 12:01 a.m.

Everett boy, 9, bound with duct tape, stabbed with fork

The Everett boy's stepfather is being held for investigation of assault and unlawful imprisonment.

EVERETT -- A police officer met the young boy on the sidewalk.
The child, 9, complained about pain from a stab wound, which was seeping blood.
His stepfather, 31, was out of control -- "all drunk and everything" -- and had lost his temper before chasing him around a coffee table with a fork, the boy told the Everett police officer Sunday.
Police could see where four prongs from the fork had punctured the skin on the thigh just above the knee. The area was red and inflamed.
As police approached the suspect, he swore at them, went inside the apartment and slammed the door, which he refused to open, court papers said.
The boy told police the man earlier tied him up with duct tape and left him lying on the floor for more than an hour. His entire upper body, including his head and face were taped, court papers said. His arms were taped to his sides.
The tape covered his eyes and mouth. The boy said he was crying so hard the tape didn't stick to his eyes. He used his tongue to push the duct tape away from his mouth.
The boy's mother was at work during the day. She gave police permission to go inside the apartment where police found used duct tape and an empty roll. They also spotted a fork on the living room floor near the coffee table. The duct tape and fork were seized as evidence.
The mother said she wasn't sure if she was married to the man or not. She initially claimed that the man was her boyfriend, that he lives in Gold Bar and that she would take him home. Later, she said they had eloped in January, but she said she wasn't sure if the judge filed the marriage papers.
The man allegedly admitted to police that he had "poked" the boy with a fork and tied him up with duct tape.
The police report will be forwarded to Child Protective Services, Everett officer Aaron Snell said.
The suspect was arrested for investigation of unlawful imprisonment and third-degree assault of a child. He also had an outstanding warrant for domestic violence assault.
Bail was set at $75,000, the amount requested by prosecutors who noted that the suspect has had 40 bench warrants in the past.

Eric Stevick: 425-339-3446,

Story tags » EverettCrimePoliceAssault

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

HeraldNet Classifieds