State House barely passes tax package
House Bill 2038 passed 50-47 following nearly three hours of debate. An amendment to send the measure to voters this fall was defeated along the way.
The bill, which is critical to balancing the House budget, now goes to the state Senate where the Republican-dominated majority coalition opposes the measure.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- BNSF reports more oil trains traveling through Snohomish County July 7
- Retailers in Smokey Point, Camano Island snag pot store licenses July 7
- Eyman fails to qualify measure for fall ballot July 3
- Snohomish County GOP tardy on filing campaign reports July 2
- New study: Teacher work day not all about teaching July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.