My favorite gluten-free chocolate chip cookies
But we have a winner!
Everyone in my family loves Elizabeth Hasselbeck's chocolate chip cookies from her book "Deliciously G-Free" (You can also find the recipe online right here.)
The only problem with these cookies is that they are a pain in the butt to make. They require 14 ingredients, including four different types of flour!
So what I like to do is make up chocolate chip cookie mixes ahead of time. All of the ingredients fit neatly into mason jars, except for the eggs, butter, vanilla and chocolate chips.
This also helps spread out the cost of buying so many unusual flours. My homemade mixes end up being half of the price of premade G-free cookie mixes from the store.
An added bonus to this recipe is that if you use margarine and Enjoy Life chocolate chips, the cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free AND nut-free. That's something to keep in mind if you ever need to bring treats to school for an allergy challenged classroom.
Add a glass of milk and yum-yum!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
- Discovering the magic of Disney through kids’ eyes Dec. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.